MMPX 404 Purifier is a high-speed Alfa Laval Centrifugal Separator which is used for refining lubricating oil, heavy fuel oil, marine diesel oil, and distillate. This purification removes the solid contaminants such as rust, sand, and dust from fuel oil and lubricants, using this refined fuel and oil ensures the efficient performance of engines.
The solid particles are removed with help of centrifugal force. This force within the high-speed rotating bowl separates the solid and liquid phase, after that both the phases are taken out through different outlets. The purification capacity of Alfa Laval MMPX 404 varies based upon the viscosity of fuel oil, the lower the viscosity, the higher the purification capacity.
- It has a maximum throughput of 2300 LPH
- Maximum density of 991 kg/m3
- 32 litres of water and sludge space
- Maximum speed of bowl spindle is 9510 RPM
- It produces 3 litres of sludge per discharge
- Its maximum water consumption capacity is 3 ltr/discharge